Saturday, February 1, 2014

Things I love: clean skin!

I've been a bit of a beauty buff my whole life - being on a first name basis with my dermatologist in my teen years, I have taken steps to ensure that my skin is as healthy and radiant as humanly possible ever since.  However, there are many nights since developing RA that I really struggle to motivate myself to wash my face, so I'm always on the lookout for products that help me do the things that 'normal' people take for granted.

Firstly, I discovered Ego QV Face Cleansing Wipes.  Available from all good pharmacies, they not only cleanse the skin and remove makeup (including stubborn eye makeup!), but they also remove oil, moisturise the skin and are still gentle enough for even very sensitive skin.  I use these daily - either on their own, or prior to the Rolls Royce of all home cleansing systems...



Which brings me to my single best investment of 2013 (because despite my loudly-professed adoration for the product, nobody has made me a brand ambassador just yet - so I had to buy myself a little present!).  Drumroll, please...





Introducing the Clarisonic Mia 2 - an ultrasonic cleansing brush that cleanses your skin SIX times better than your hands - and best of all, it only takes 60 seconds!   It also prepares your skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturisers; which means you use less of (and get more bang for your buck from) the things I have been known to splurge on.  I know it works in allowing better penetration of  your products - because the forehead lines I have been trying to minimise for about two years have all but disappeared in the 6 months I've been using my Clarisonic.  Can't get better evidence than that (and I truly wish I had a photo I could show you to compare!)!

While I would recommend starting with daily use, it's gentle enough to use twice a day, and has made my formerly "pretty good" skin utterly flawless!  It's not cheap (definitely an investment!), but I should add I haven't had a facial or needed to use any exfoliants in the 6 months I've had my Clarisonic, and my skin is the best it's ever been.  I've changed the brush head twice (once every 3 months), but that's really the only ongoing expense aside from cleanser.

The ultrasonic vibrations are really very tame, even on days my hands are flaring.  I do find my skin can get a little sensitive around flares, so at these times I only use my Clarisonic at night and with a very gentle cleanser, and I'm sure to follow it with really gentle moisturisation - but I am so impressed with this little gadget, I praise it high and low!  It also comes in a variety of colours (pictured above is the Sea Foam, which wasn't a difficult choice for me... if you saw my house you'd understand my obsession with aqua and turquoise!) but most are limited edition, so if you see a colour you love then my advice is to snap it up!  Each cleansing brush comes with your first brush head (I think they all come with the sensitive skin brushes, but I could be wrong); as well as with a travel case, charger and cleanser sample.


If you want better skin - then trust me, this is a good investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment