Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pain in my... Well, everywhere.

Today I am confined to bed. The thought of moving anywhere is beyond me, even rolling over seems to be a tall order.

I don't know where the latest pain has come from. My spine is taking the worst of it, with my hips and knees following in sympathy. Every movement, every step is sheer agony. The kind of pain that makes you want to vomit. The kind of pain that reverberates through your body and holds you captive.

So today I will lay here with heat packs and pain killers, trying to move as little as possible, struggling to get comfortable. Days like today I am truly thankful for all the days I manage to get out of bed and get on with my life. 

Perhaps the RA just makes me stop on these days to maintain my perspective. Or maybe I'm just too optimistic to think bad things, even about a disease that indirectly controls my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment