Sunday, September 15, 2013

Things I love: CND Vinylux

My friends have long been coming to me to ask my opinion on various bits and pieces in the beauty genre.  Hopefully not because they think me a vain, image-obsessed woman (actually, my friends are very down to earth so I doubt they'd let me get away with that kind of thing!) - but as one pointed out, "If there's a new product/gadget out to make life easier or do something better, (I will) know about it and probably already have invested in it!".  Truth be known, they're not far wrong...

So my focus product for today is CND Vinylux.  Made by the people who revolutionised nails for women worldwide with Shellac, Vinylux is applied and removed just like any other nail polish, and lasts for seven days if applied correctly.  Yes, you read that right.  SEVEN DAYS.  It's the look of a gel polish, with the flexibility of a regular polish.  


The Vinylux colour chart - oh, how I wish I had all the colours.

The colours are the same as those in the Shellac range - and the best part is it covers the spectrum remarkably well!  Sure, it's not quite as plentiful a choice as OPI (by far my favourite regular polish), but there's enough options that it keeps even fussy fussy people like me happy!  

My favourite everyday colour is Romantique, a beautiful pale pink which with 3 coats looks luxurious and opaque, and sometimes I layer Beau over the top for a little bit of shimmer.  I love Gilded Pleasure - I call it my Christmas Beetle colour and it never fails to get comments when I wear it!


This is a Christmas Beetle.  You too can have nails this gorgeous with Vinylux!
I have a wishlist about 20 colours long, but am adding slowly to my collection.  I love being able to get such long lasting results from a polish that's as easy to apply as it is to remove, and continue to distract people from my hands by having pretty, pretty nails.  

If you love nail polish as much as I do, check out Vinylux - if you're not ready to invest just yet, see if your local CND salon has Vinylux and can give you a trial run.  Believe me when I say it'll only take one application and you'll be hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment